Of all the educational possibilities for personal growth in our present day, the camping experience stands as one of our highest. Factors supporting this statement are due to the camp setting itself, the interaction of group living, the sharing of activities and the different form of leadership offered by adults who are not parents or teachers.
A camp experience should be available to a broad scope of our young citizens. A keen look at the camping objectives will make one realize that life will be enriched and enhanced for a better preparation into adulthood:
- The camping experience offers many opportunities to develop a variety of skills such as sports, crafts, water skills, nature lore, etc. The young person can explore new interests, in addition to extending already adopted interests.
- In addition to the myriad of activities offered during a camp experience there’s the realization and appreciation of a “supreme being” as visualized through nature that can be felt in the open environment of the camp setting itself. Camping can effectively develop spiritual growth for every camper when camp staff and counselors will teach the appreciations of the natural setting of a community and teaching the truth by example.
- Development of physical characteristics is a basic aim of camping. With diversified activities, balanced meals, trained supervision, camping increases mental and physical vigor.
- Safety is a primary realization of camping. This rests upon every member of the camp community for self and others.
- The most important skill of all is the promotion of social skills. The personal adjustments that campers have to make because of the intimacy of close living is a crucial need to be ready for our diverse, changing and demanding society. Camping develops pathways that lead to the understanding of others, such as persons of different races, economic levels, religions, gender and levels of capabilities.
- The characteristics that our schools are premised upon, democratic living, is solidified by camp life. This is so important in our current existence, especially when we exist in a multi-cultural society.
Camping is fun, plus it is this atmosphere that provides a needed change of pace from the academic demands of our young people today.
The school management should consider bring students to regularly involve school pupils to an overnight school camping activities. Our group can help plan and execute camping program based on the school objectives for two days one night and three days two nights. Please contact us at email@example.com or visit us at http://visioncamps.webs.com, we can help you draft the program.